Deadline: Thursday, September 1, 2011 (before 4:00 p.m.
1) Economic analysis related to climate change adaptation2) Gender analysis of adaptation strategies
3) Use of information and communication technologies and spatial decision-support systems for adaptation
4) The role of clean energy in water provision
5) Adapting to climate change in vulnerable coastal communities
To be eligible for an award, applicants must meet the following criteria, in addition to any other conditions set out in this call for proposals:
- Applications will ONLY be accepted in English or French.
- APPLICANTS FROM DEVELOPING COUNTRIES: must be citizens of a developing country and be enrolled in a master’s or doctoral program at a Canadian or developing-country university.
- The proposed field work must take place in a developing country and start no later than December 31, 2012. The applicant’s research supervisor must provide training and supervision in the field for the duration of the award period.
- Applicants must have completed all the required course work for their program of study before receiving the award. An exception will be granted where a university requires one or two courses to be completd after the field research.
- All doctoral applicants must have successfully passed comprehensive written and oral examinations for the academic program in which they are enrolled before receiving the award.
- All applicants must be affiliated with one reputable non-academic institution (national/international organization, institute, or NGO) in the developing country in which the proposed research will take place. This will provide the participant with better access to scientific knowledge and networking possibilities, and increase the likelihood that the supported research will contribute to useful local interventions.
- All applicants must submit a budget. For details on the preparation of the budget, please use the Application form below.