Government Scholarships – Developing Countries
Scholarship Awards within the Foreign Development Assistance Programme - offer for the academic year 2012/2013General information on the scholarship programme:
The Government of the Czech Republic offers a number of scholarships within the framework of its Foreign Development Assistance Programme in support of the study of foreign nationals from developing countries at public institutions of higher education in the Czech Republic.
These so called Government Scholarships are designed to cover the standard length of study:
1) in Bachelor/Master study programmes plus one-year preparatory course of the Czech language (which is combined with other field-specific training). Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates from upper secondary schools who can enrol only in study programmes in which they follow instruction in the Czech language. Depending on the subject area, applicants are normally required to take entrance examinations at the respective institution of higher education. The scholarship award is conditional upon a successful passing of entrance examinations;
2) in follow-up Master study programmes or Doctoral study programmes. Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates of Bachelor or Master study programmes, respectively, who enrol in study programmes with instruction in the English language.
Study Areas Available in English:
- follow-up master study programme Economics, Institute of Economic Studies, Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University in Prague (http://ies.fsv.cuni.cz/cs/node/47);
- doctoral study programme Economic Theories, Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education, Charles University in Prague (http://www.cerge.cuni.cz/phd/default.asp);
- follow-up master study programme Informatics, Faculty of Economics and Management, Czech University of Life Sciences in Prague;
- follow-up master study programme Information Management, Faculty of Informatics and Management, University of Hradec Králové (http://www.uhk.cz/eng/fim/applicant/36);
- follow-up master study programme Natural Resources and Enviroment, Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources, Czech University of Life Sciences in Prague (http://www.af.czu.cz/en/?r=1238&i=1859);
- follow-up master study programme Forestry, Water and Landscape Management, Faculty of Forestry and Wood Sciences, Czech University of Life Sciences in Prague (http://fld.dev.webcore.czu.cz/en/?r=3837&i=5470);
- follow-up master study programme Technology and Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Czech University of Life Sciences in Prague (http://www.tf.czu.cz/en/?r=1158);
- doctoral study programme Chemistry (Agriculture Chemistry), Faculty of Agronomy, Mendel University in Brno (http://www.af.mendelu.cz/en/studium/doktorske?lang=en;tag=67).
Scholarship applications together with the required attachments are to be submitted to the appropriate Czech Embassy in the applicant’s country before the deadline set by the Embassy so that the applicants’ dossiers reach the respective Czech authorities (Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport) by 15 January each year.
Students who, at the time of application, stay in the Czech Republic may submit the respective documents to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Department for Development Co-operation, by 31 December of the preceding year at the latest.
Foreign nationals who have been granted permanent residence in the Czech Republic are not eligible to apply for Government scholarships.
A limited number of scholarships is offered to students from developing countries who file their applications with the respective National UNESCO Commissions. For contact information on individual local offices see http://www.unesco.org/ (and search under the heading Communities, National Commissions).
Applications sent directly to the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport will not be processed.
Prospective applicants are advised to address their inquiries concerning, among others, their eligibility and closing date for applications to the Czech Embassies in their countries.
Detailed information on the terms and conditions of scholarship awards is provided in the binding “Instructions regarding the Scholarship Award Scheme of the Government of the Czech Republic” issued in Czech, English and Spanish (click below to download in PDF or Word format):
The prospective applicants are advised to peruse the instructions before applying.
Scholarship application forms may be obtained from the respective Czech Embassies or downloaded here in PDF or Word format:
For the list of required attachments see part 2.1, 3.1 of the Instructions.
Attachment f) “Medicate Certificate” must be issued on the official form that is available at the respective Czech Embassies and can be also downloaded here in Czech (PDF, Word), English (PDF, Word) or Spanish (PDF, Word).